Company History

Niagara Hydro was formed in 1912. The Niagara Hydro-Electric Commission oversaw electrical distribution in the Olde Town and Queenston hamlets. The balance of Distribution Assets in the municipality were purchased in 1983 from Ontario Hydro.

In 1988, the Electricity Act resulted in the formation of municipally and privately-owned Local Distribution Companies (LDCs) and subsequently in 2000, Niagara-on-the-Lake was incorporated.

The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is the 100% shareholder of the corporation. 

Audited Financial Statements

Niagara-on-the-Lake Energy Inc. Board Members

  • Pat Darte, Lord Mayor
  • Jamie King, Councillor
  • Holly Dowd, Town CAO
  • G. Robert Cheriton
  • Jim Huntingdon
  • Nicholas Miller
  • Jim Ryan
  • Philip Wormwell

Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro Senior Management

  • Tim Curtis, President
  • Hassan Syed, VP of Operations
  • Jeff Klassen,  VP of Finance